Sunday, June 17, 2007

Autoimmune Cirrhosis?

Dr. Barnes brought up with me the topic of autoimmune cirrhosis with respect to possible genetic instances--since I don't have the usual symptoms, but I have very little info on my ancestors' health problems--as in the case with Dad's and my generation. most people died before the health issues we have had a chance to show themselves. Barnes obviously is an expert on PBC, but he didn't pinpoint that with me. He's waiting to find out more from tests, and apparently doesn't see a rapid change coming or he wouldn't have scheduled my next MRI and consultation with him until the middle of September. If things change though I get in touch with him. I've noticed on some sites that techology is superceding bipsy--a needle poked into the abdomen--and more reliable--like the blood tests, MRI, etc. He did say however that I'm not near liver failure at the moment. I'm seeing D. Hoynes tomorrow and we'll talk about this--I've been lax about getting the regular things done--an order for a mamogram is on my bulletin board for last December, and I didn't go back to the opthamologist for more tests like I was supposed to.

No comments: